ParserComp 2015 is the inaugural year for a parser specific interactive fiction competition. The competition began judging on February 16 and will continue to March 14. The competition features fourteen games from a variety of different parsers.
ParserComp is designed specifically for parser games, meaning that only games that use that form of input will be permitted. The competition defines a parser as:
For the purpose of this competition, a parser game is one that accepts typed input, processes that input with a parser, and interprets the parsed commands within a world model.
All games were made during the November 1 through February 1 window and include fourteen total pieces. Judging is open to anyone who is not directly participating in the competition, so if you want to make your voice heard you can head over to the ParserComp page here. All the games are available for zip download there, with a few having the option to play online.
The games included in ParserComp 15 are:
- Mean Streets by BadDog
- Six Gray Rats Crawl Up the Pillow by Boswell Cain
- Chlorophyll by Steph Cherrywell
- Terminator Chaser by Bruno Dias
- Down, the Serpent and the Sun by Chandler Groover
- Delphina’s House by Alice Grove
- Oppositely Opal by Buster Hudson
- An Adventurer’s Backyard by lyricasylum
- Endless Sands by Hamish McIntyre
- Lockdown by Richard Otter
- A Long Drink by Owen Parks
- Sunburn by Caelyn Sandel
- Three Days of Night by spaceflounder
- Terminator by Matt Weiner
If you’re interested in judging, the window is open til March 14th on the ParserComp page.